In the enviable calendar of drawcards the Gold Coast possesses, the Magic Millions sales and associated races still stand out as one of the city’s leading annual events. Everyone in the city has heard of the Magic Millions Race Series and the Gold Coast Yearling Sale that take place every January, at the very least because of the $20 million boost they provide to the local economy.
So why is the event so important? The Race Series itself is one of Australia’s richest races and, according to the auction house, one of the top 10 richest meetings in the world.
The Magic Millions carnival in January is actually 26 events that are run over a week-long period: in 2019, that is January 9 to 15.
However, Magic Millions is the name of an auction house that operates thoroughbred sales all year. It holds other high profile sales on the Gold Coast in March (Yearling Sale), May (Weanling and National Broodmare Sales), June (Yearling and Racehorse Sales) and October (2YOs in Training and Spring Racehorse Sales).
The perfect accommodation for business
Horse sales with the profile of the Magic Millions are serious business. The auction house actually produces more stakes winners than anyone else in Australia and was the leading source of Group One winners in the most recent year.
Making the right purchase is a team effort that requires collaboration, research, personal space and, above all – privacy for your team. With the best stables and biggest personalities in Australian racing on the Gold Coast for the Magic Million sales, it’s imperative your business is done away from listening ears!
Elite Holiday Homes offer the perfect accommodation for your team. Each home features multiple spacious living areas – both indoor and outdoor – perfectly suited for a quick team meeting or a brainstorm session. A gourmet kitchen allows you to eat in and an outdoor pool, entertainment room and/or games room gives your team plenty of time to relax. Best yet, as a fully contained home, you have complete control over who comes and goes, and you’re not left sharing facilities with others.
Each Elite Holiday Home comes with a Foxtel and Wi-Fi package, allowing your team to keep up-to-date with headline racing news and do any background research required.
A number of Elite Holiday Homes are within minutes of most of the Magic Millions sales and events, many of which are held at the Gold Coast Turf Club in Bundall. The homes are:
- Eutopia: a 10-bedroom Surfers Paradise home suitable for 20 people which offers a gourmet kitchen, outdoor kitchen, outdoor heated spa, pool with river views and cinema room
- Main River Magic: This Surfers Paradise seven-bedroom home has five bathrooms, multiple living areas, a theatre room and an entertainment room with a wet bar and pool table.
- La Luna: This six-bedroom Surfers Paradise home backs onto the water and features multiple living areas, a pool that’s in the sun most of the day, and its own sandy beach.
My Holiday Concierge to the rescue
My Holiday Concierge, exclusively available to Elite Holiday Home guests, can make your stay on the Gold Coast easier with a range of service offerings.
Some of these include:
- Transfers between your Elite Holiday Home and either Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport – or many of the other attractions on the Gold Coast. Alternatively, My Holiday Concierge can arrange a high-quality, well-maintained hire care in a range of car classes
- In-house dining and catering through an experienced culinary team that can prepare anything from a simple barbecue to a two-course meal, to a menu that you have prepared. The team utilises the kitchen of your Elite Holiday Home, uses the freshest food possible and expertly caters for anyone’s dietary requirements and preferred portion sizes
- Housekeeping, if the Elite Holiday Home has become a little messy. Guests can also get additional linen and a range of guest amenities resupplied
- Corporate team building packages, which can include workshops or activities for an entire team to enjoy – like helicopter rides, golf, hot air ballooning or surfing
- Details including cakes, celebration baskets, flowers and wine for celebrations
My Holiday Concierge can also provide tours to almost any attraction on the Gold Coast, from the Gold Coast Hinterland and its local breweries and wineries to deep sea fishing off the coast or the bright lights of the city’s Star Casino and stage show Dracula’s. The service also offers a wide range of recreation equipment for hire at competitive rates, including boogie boards, surf boards, kayaks, eskies, beach towels, shade tents and even bikes.
As well as offering the additional privacy, you could well find that an Elite Holiday Home may be less expensive than hiring out a group of hotel rooms or suites. Taking into account the privacy and exclusive access to hotel-style facilities, Elite Holiday Homes are certainly priced competitively.
If you’re on the Coast for any Magic Millions event, Elite Holiday Homes and My Holiday Concierge are a winning combination!
To check the availability of all Elite Holiday Homes during the Magic Millions events, click here.
To book a My Holiday Concierge service or to find out more, visit the website.
For more information on either Elite Holiday Homes or My Holiday Concierge, you can contact us today on +61 7 5592 3881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.