The Gold Coast is iconically known for its vibrant mix of shopping, accommodation, theme parks, restaurants, entertainment and 57 kilometres of beautiful coastline. But what about South East Queensland’s best kept secret? The Gold Coast Hinterland is coined as the ‘green behind the gold’ and has an array of unspoilt National Parks, charming mountain villages, unique antiques, artisan galleries and decadent caramel fudge. For those chasing the enchanting hinterland and beautiful waterfalls, here’s a quick list of the best 6 waterfalls on the Gold Coast…
1. Chalahn Falls: Chalahn Falls is located on the 15.3 kilometres Tooloona Creek Circuit in Lamington National Park. The Chalahn Falls is a picturesque waterfall that cascades over a mountain and onto mossy rocks and logs and is considered to be a favourite amongst tourists and locals.
2. Elabana Falls: The Elabana Falls is a cascade waterfall that is located within Lamington National Park. The Elabana is an 8km round trip and is worth every step – you won’t be disappointed!
3. Box Log Falls: The Box Log Falls is a large waterfall on West Canungra Creek, a tributary of the Logan River. The Box Log Falls is one of the many waterfalls that you will pass on the Box Forest Circuit – the circuit is 10.6 kilometres and begins at the O’Reilly’s Carpark.
4. Mirror Falls: Mirror Falls is an incredible 20.6 kilometre trek along the Albert River Circuit. Mirror Falls is one of the longest hikes in the area and is a picture perfect place to spend the day.
5. Natural Bridge: The Natural Bridge is considered a ‘must visit’ when visiting the Gold Coast. The Natural Bridge in the Numinbah Valley is a dream-like cave that lights up with glow worms in the late afternoon.
6. Curtis Falls: The Curtis Falls boasts and easy 2.6 kilometre walk and is the perfect place for a quiet picnic.
Tours and attractions can be booked through My Holiday Concierge!